Arcbound is a full-service personal branding platform that launches thought leaders. Our mission is to give everyone access to expert insight through the content we create for our clients.
Our clients include bestselling authors, Fortune 500 executives, venture-backed startup founders, Ivy League professors and more.
The Associate Ghostwriter & Researcher must have 2-4 years of experience in academic research, journalism, and/or ghostwriting. This role is client-facing, and research and writing intensive. In this role you will be working directly with the VP of Storytelling to write, research, and develop books on behalf of some of the top entrepreneurs, authors, philanthropists, and executives in the world.
Why you should join our team:
Our team is a dynamic and collaborative group. We are 100% WFH—pandemic or not—allowing for greater flexibility and casual attire (at least from the waist down—thank you, Zoom!). We prioritize team-building, sharing our ideas and perspectives, speaking up, learning continuously, and having a good time while we’re at it. We are committed to making our company and our work as inclusive as possible.
At the forefront of an exciting industry, working at Arcbound is a great opportunity to help shape a young company and launch the personal brands of our incredible, mission-focused clients.
Responsibilities are likely to include:
- Book planning and proposal development for non-fiction books including self-help/personal development, business, memoirs, and more
- In-depth research to be used and cited in published books
- Note taking and collaboration on client calls alongside the VP of Storytelling
- Conducting client interviews and building client relationships
- Chapter writing as a component of full manuscript development
- Stylistic and grammatical editing
- Transforming completed manuscripts into long-form articles and other shorter-form content
- Excellent writer, editor, and copy editor with acute attention to detail
- At least 2 to 3 years of work experience, preferably in publishing, journalism, academic research/writing, freelance writing, media, or other related fields
- Previous experience in client or public-facing or customer service role(s)
- Strong interpersonal skills, work ethic, organization, and time management
- Comfortable conducting client interviews on a regular basis
- Distinct understanding of and interest in social media platforms; additional knowledge of social media marketing preferred
- Ability to think strategically about brand goals, product campaigns, and topics for content on a long-term timeline
- Familiarity with AP Stylebook and CMOS grammar style and usage guides
- “Can-do” attitude with a team-player mentality and a willingness to be flexible; thoughtful problem-solver with a commitment to high-quality work and continuous learning
- Bachelor’s degree
Have written or have been a part of writing a complete and professionally publishing book manuscript.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Access to health, dental, vision, and retirement benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% remote
- Casual attire
- Fun, collaborative team
Candidates should submit a cover letter (including salary requirements), resume, and two (2) writing samples of varying natures, preferably including ghostwriting, social, marketing, or website content copy, to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please also include the names of two (2) thought leaders or public figures whose content you enjoy, and why. Submissions that do not contain the requested items will not be considered.